Senior Consultant, Gail Perry Group
Job Type: Contract
Position Location: United States
Who We Are
Gail Perry Group’s (GPG) mission is to inspire and facilitate nonprofits to create extraordinary fundraising results. We are a national firm offering expert consulting services for major gifts and capital campaigns.
Our team of passionate and dedicated individuals focuses on helping our clients succeed. We apply our knowledge across different situations to create optimal solutions and strategies for our clients. In other words, adaptive thinking leads to innovative ideas that work. This is what you find at Gail Perry Group.
We are looking for new team members who have a track record with campaign and major gift fundraising as well as experience in nonprofit consulting. Experience with the eight and nine-figure campaign environment is preferred. Our clients are nonprofits of all types and sizes – from human services to higher education.
Our consultants are independent contractors who provide hands-on consulting services to our nonprofit clients and are passionate about their assigned client’s organizational work and goals. They are knowledgeable about the nonprofit sector and specialists in the art and science of major gift and campaign fundraising.
When an organization contracts with Gail Perry Group, they know what they can expect – a project completed on time, clear communication, recommendations that work, an advisor they can trust, and exceptional results. This requires an experienced professional who is calm, dependable, and always acts with integrity. Additionally, a Gail Perry Group consultant is a self-starter who strives to excel in an environment with minimal day-to-day direct oversight.
Expectations for Gail Perry Group Consultants
- Meet contracted deliverables on time.
- Work within contracted project scope and develop project work plans to meet deliverables.
- Be available to travel to client sites as well as conduct meetings virtually.
- Participate in the sales process with potential clients, including development of proposed scopes of work.
- Navigate complex relationships and cultivate potential clients.
- Act at all times as a trusted advisor to clients, focusing on the project at hand and maintaining neutrality to other aspects of the organization, its staff and its mission.
- Act as a valued partner and team member of Gail Perry Group.
- Keep up-to-date on current trends and challenges in the fundraising industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s preferred.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible fundraising experience (experience must include major gift fundraising and capital campaign experience).
- Previous consulting experience.
- Preferred capital campaign experience at the university level.
- A solid understanding of capital campaigns, and a proven ability to inspire others in building strong and productive nonprofit relationships.
- Management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Proven ability to be entrepreneurial and self-motivated.
- Currently or previously led a consulting practice as a solo practitioner.
- Experience with non-campaign aspects of fundraising.
- Executive nonprofit experience.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Consultant for Gail Perry Group, you will work with a highly motivated and energetic team of consultants helping nonprofits build their capacity and confidence in order to create successful capital campaigns and major gifts programs. This position will be independently contracted with Gail Perry Group and workload can be flexible depending on incoming projects. This position will report to Dr. Kathryn Gamble, Vice President, and will be compensated a competitive daily rate for consulting projects.
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be received on a rolling basis.